Sunday 20 April 2014

Favourites Fortnight

Rant by Chocolate Muscle on Tumblr

I'm guessing you will agree that the following is quite an introduction to a blog...

I AM THE EXTREME
I LOVE MUSCLE. I LOVE BEING MUSCULAR. I'M A MEATHEAD. I LOVE ART, MUSIC, SEX, BOOKS. THIS BLOG IS THE EXTREMES OF MYSELF. I'LL BE BITCHY AND WHINY ONE DAY AND POWERFUL AND INTENSE THE NEXT.

If you want to know what really goes on inside an amateur bodybuilder's head, then you could do a lot worse than follow Chocolate Muscle on Tumblr. Writing as entertaining and thought-provoking as this is, in my experience anyway, like gold dust in the world of female bodybuilding. Below is just one of many Chocolate Muscle posts that FMS has printed off and stuck on the office noticeboard. Funny and true.

Rant #&)*#%#

I think the IFBB should be a little concerned. I know it’s not my imagination, but do they realize that many of their Pro Female Physique competitors are looking rather "muscular"? (Case in point Dani Reardon. Although i LOVE LOVE her body... i just think it’s rather muscular for WP)

From the outside looking in anyone can see that the IFBB’s intention is to oust Female Bodybuilding and they haven’t been quiet about it either. So i find it funny that some of these women who are becoming pros in Women’s Physique look like they could pass for Lightweight and even Heavyweight Female Bodybuilders. Now i’m confused. I thought they were trying to appeal to the masses and make the female bodybuilding physique more "feminine" and more acceptable. So then why are some of the more muscular and lean physique competitors at the top? Some of these competitors even get more lean than some FBBS that i know.

Honestly... i don’t give a fuck. I just think it’s hilarious. I like that their plan is failing and I’m almost positive in a few years, Women’s Physique will look like Women’s Bodybuilding. It’s hard to avoid. In a sport such as bodybuilding the idea is to have the best physique for your division. And every year your personal goal is to get better and better. Well in Bikini and Figure their physique is not judged off muscularity, but in WP (although it holds less weight than in fbb) they are judged on some form of muscularity. It seems obvious to me that for WP as women try to attain better physiques it’s almost impossible to not gain muscle. They will get more muscular over time…and regardless i still will never compete in WP. I like big..and more..and I want big and more muscle NOW... i’m not waiting for WP to grow to the point where they will become FBB. I don’t have the patience.

And i like the idea of having the title of “Bodybuilder” not “Women’s Physique Competitor” something about it sounds more extreme and hardcore :)

More favourite things tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment