Friday 8 August 2014

Swell Digs: Twana Barnett-Ferguson

imagebam.com

From Temeluca in California, Twana Barnett-Ferguson has been married to Mike Ferguson for over 15 years, and together they have three lovely daughters.

But, though her family are clearly the part of her life she cherishes the most, there is, it seems, a little bit more to Twana than that. Just a little.

imagebam.com

Dug up this old picture of me tattooing, she posted with the above on her Instagram. Her and hubby Mike run their own tattoo place, 1st Amendment Tattoo (good name!) in Temeluca. She's listed as the company's Owner/President, so I guess we should add BUSINESS OWNER or ENTREPRENEUR to her list of skills as well.

imagebam.com

Twana is a Krav Maga black belt and instructor. What's Krav Maga? Click on the link. Or maybe just settle back and watch this demo from Twana's You Tube channel. Perhaps, "settle" is not quite the right word to use here, but anyway, enjoy.



imagebam.com

I would have guessed that when you are a woman who looks as good as Twana undoubtedly does (mother of THREE, remember), walking past a mirror without checking your fine self out must be a tad difficult. So it's not especially surprising that Twana is a bit of a one for the "Ain't I lookin' fine?" selfie, more than ever when she's in contest countdown mode, as she was when she posted the above and below.

imagebam.com

So I'm out running errands & the bathroom is empty. My 1st thought... was to take a selfie!!! she writes. Really though, can you blame her? I mean, WOW!

imagebam.com imagebam.com
imagebam.com imagebam.com

And this self-confessed selfie addict has got some serious muscle. And for the last couple of years, she has been taking that muscle on stage in the physique division, most recently at the NPC USAs (pics), where she finished 5th in her class.

imagebam.com imagebam.com
imagebam.com imagebam.com

This was her second time at the USAs - she finished 6th last year.

imagebam.com

It's so funny when people try to "alert" me to my size, she says, like the "All Around Badass" she describes herself as. I look at myself everyday especially at the gym where I work very hard to look the way I do. So THANK YOU for your concern, now please GO AWAY I have a set to finish.

imagebam.com

I'm swooning, really.

And I don't want to get disrespectful here. Seriously. Her husband seems like a really cool guy, and their home life appears to be genuinely loving and full of fun as well. Check out this little home-made gem from the Fergusons.




A bit weird, a lot goofy, and (ultimately) very very sexy all in just 14 seconds!

imagebam.com

No disrespect, then, just admiration. Really. What a woman! The "New Mavi Gioia" as some are calling her, and it's not so hard to understand why, is it? Both have a kind of natural sexuality that comes across when their in front of the camera (whether it is theirs or someone else's). Both are just drop dead gorgeous, and both, interestingly, are mothers who keep their families at the centre of everything they do.

imagebam.com

Ah, whatever! I think I could overdo it (probably have overdone it already) on the comparison between the two. Twana is, quite clearly, her own woman, and a very unique individual at that. And maybe that's the reason why I can't help swooning all over her (sorry, Mr Ferguson!). It's not the looks at all, it's the total "badass" strength and confidence she projects that's really doing it for me.

imagebam.com

[though the looks probably don't hurt though, do they? - ed.]

imagebam.com

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment