Friday 12 December 2014

Hot and Hard: Marcie Simmons IFBB Pro

Preparing for the recent NPC Nationals in Miami, Marcie Simmons had a plan. I did my research, she told RxMuscle. I looked at the people who were in the Olympia... If I come into this show looking similar, then I should be on point. It was a plan that worked. Conditioned to bits with every beautiful muscle full and defined, Marcie won both her class and the overall title, and with that, of course, her pro card.

imagebam.com imagebam.com
imagebam.com imagebam.com

But it's one thing to have a plan to "look similar" to the top Physique Olympians, and quite another to actually pull it off. I mean, if it were that simple, every amateur would end up looking like Dana Linn and Juliana clones, wouldn't they?

imagebam.com imagebam.com
imagebam.com imagebam.com

I think I'm a genetic freak. I gain muscle easy. I can eat candy and gain muscle! Marcie says, probably joking about that last bit. Or perhaps not. Her triumph at the Nationals came at only her third ever show, following a qualifier the month before and a single show in 2010 at which she was the only female competitor.

imagebam.com

It all seems a bit too easy, but then again she does have fifteen years of powerlifting under her (weight) belt. She is as strong as she is sexy. She can squat an eye-watering 435lbs (197kg), and for her next trick is planning a deadlift of 500lbs (227kg) in order to break a state record in her Illinois home. I gain strength easy, she says. No surprise there, then. Suddenly her Instagram monniker "shehulk" makes perfect sense.

imagebam.com imagebam.com

But if you spend a little time with Marcie on said Instagram, you may start to suspect that perhaps all that muscle and that crazy conditioning isn't just for the benefit of the judges, or at least, it's not only the judges who like that sort of thing. This year, if you've discovered a woman who revels in her muscularity more than Marcie seems to do then I would love to hear who it is, because if there is one thing guaranteed to get FMS' juices flowing faster than a sexy muscular woman, it's a sexy muscular woman who wants you to know how sexy she feels with all that muscle. Just like Marcie.

imagebam.com imagebam.com

Whether on stage or backstage, at the gym, at home (or indeed just about anywhere she can find a mirror to admire herself in), whether she's in her posing suit, in her (revealing) gym togs, or getting glammed up for a night out (and when she does glam up, she makes damn sure there's muscle on display), Marcie's smile and Marcie's eyes don't lie. Doesn't she look like she is digging the hell out of herself? Or is it just me?

imagebam.com

I, for one, can't wait to see Marcie presenting an even more muscular package to go with the unreal conditioning when she mixes it with the pros in 2015. Although I seriously doubt I will be enjoying it as much as Marcie will!

imagebam.com

Next week: FBBUK on FMS

1 comment: