Friday 23 January 2015

Svensk Muskel: Angelica Enberg

I remember where I started. I did not look like this then.

imagebam.com

Angelica Enberg is a figure competitor with lofty ambitions. She finished 5th in her class at this year's Swedish Nationals, a class she describes as containing women of "brutal quality". Her contest prep is more fraught than most because she is a type-1 diabetic and so has to constantly monitor her blood sugar levels. She likes a selfie more than most, and it is her penchant for revealing more than most in those selfies that has brought her to the attention of the female muscle lovin' brethren. She's just 22, and as cute as a button. And she's the last of our svenska muskel kvinnor this week.

imagebam.com imagebam.com
imagebam.com imagebam.com

ANGELICA: IN HER OWN WORDS

I've done so many team and individual sports since the age of 9. They've always been a lot of fun and I've always been good at them. I last gave up football two years ago and subsequently bought my first gym membership, and there I began to slowly but surely build up an extreme interest. Extreme is the word!

imagebam.com imagebam.com

Training is, and has been my life since I was 9, my life. It allowed me to survive my tough childhood. From being so depressed and destroyed at such a young age, through training I've built myself up into a strong person.

imagebam.com

After finishing 5th at the Swedish National Championships: It was a 5th place for me! I'm satisfied. It is, after all, the Swedish National Championships!

imagebam.com imagebam.com
imagebam.com imagebam.com

On Dani Reardon, posted to Angelica's Instagram: My #WCW! [Woman Crush Wednesday] I've been following you for a very long time and I admire your hard work. One day I will have your results. I'm chasing you!

imagebam.com imagebam.com

I will tell you something... I like the attention. I do! And I'm not shy about admitting it. I think almost everyone, no matter how you market yourself, it feels good to show off what you have achieved. People feel good to be praised for what they do... You would never want to spend 15 hours a week at the gym, if you couldn't show off what you have accomplished. I want to be able to showcase my hard work.

imagebam.com imagebam.com
imagebam.com imagebam.com

Sometimes people ask me, "How long time will you do this for?" and I just stand there, shake my head and say, "It is a lifetime journey."

imagebam.com imagebam.com
imagebam.com imagebam.com

New goals are set. I'm definitely going to come back bigger, stronger. It takes a LOT of time to do everything clean. But it's not impossible, and I'm gonna show you that. Time to improve.

imagebam.com

Follow Angelica on Instagram, her Facebook fan page and/or her blog.

Njut!

No comments:

Post a Comment