Saturday 3 October 2015

FMS Hearts the WPD Olympians: Kira

Relax. Physique is Lightweight, Middleweight and Light-heavyweight Bodybuilding in disguise, or at least that's what it has turned out to be, despite the complaints of some of the (less muscular) Physique women themselves. And until the IFBB/NPC bigwigs do see their plans to "tone it down by 10-15%" come to fruition, that means there's lots and lots of beautiful female muscle in the division, especially when the cream gather as they did in Las Vegas a couple of weeks ago. Yes of course we miss the Ms O, but that didn't stop us enjoying the Physique Olympia, and all this week on FMS we're going to be paying tribute to these spectacular, muscular women.

So relax, get comfy, and enjoy!


KIRA NEUMAN: ONCE A BODYBUILDER...

imagebam.com
A modestly made up Kira relaxes backstage in Las Vegas

Can't remember where I read it, but there was definitely at least one Olympia preview that had Kira as a potential winner. And though I don't pretend to know much about these things, it made sense to me that she was going to be a contender. I was only going on the fact that for me Kira's beautiful muscular behind, her "Golden Glutes" as I like to call them, had provided some of the most memorable images of the year so far when she'd won in Chicago in July. 2nd place at her first Olympia confirmed all suspicions. And pro that she is, she made damn sure the audience, and more importantly the judges got a good hard look at her mind-blowing muscle bum. Lucky judges!

imagebam.com imagebam.com
imagebam.com imagebam.com

Kira, as I'm sure you remember was, once upon a time, a bodybuilder, winning her pro card back in 2012 at the NPC Nationals by taking the light-heavyweight class. A snapshot of her back then makes an interesting contrast with the 2015 WPD Kira...

imagebam.com imagebam.com

Note the 2015 smile, too. In the name of research it's fair to say I have looked at plenty of images of Kira on stage (or otherwise) at the Olympia, and I could count the images in which she isn't grinning from ear to ear on the fingers of my one available hand. Kira admitted to "loving every freaking minute of this experience", and as we shall see as the week progresses, she wasn't the only one. Yes, we may sulk that the big girls weren't there - although I doubt Margie Martin was doing much sulking, she was probably out spending - but for the women who were there, to be an Olympian engenders a kind of individual and collective euphoria, which Kira was most certainly feeling.

imagebam.com imagebam.com
imagebam.com imagebam.com

Another common theme - perhaps not unique to the Olympia but even so - is the intense camaraderie among the Physique competitors. Kira was giving big love to her "sweetheart angel sister" Sheronica Henton, Juliana Malacarne - "my inspiration and motivation" - and "new frandssssss" Dani Reardon and Jamie Postill among others on her Instagram, but it was Mikaila Soto - "my big sis" - who gets the most love. She took me under her wing and I couldn't be more grateful, says Kira.

imagebam.com
Kira and "big sis" Mikaila Soto hit the after party

All in all then, Kira's Olympia debut seems like it couldn't have gone any better. Unforgettable for her - new "frandsssss", new family, and a place at the WPD top table. Unforgettable for us too - that posing suit must have been right on the legal limit rear-end wise, and while we are being naughty, her choice of outfit for the after party in all its pec cleavage revealing glory will surely stay long in the memory as well.

imagebam.com
Do my pecs look big in this? A rare pic of Kira's serious Olympia face

Wow, what a year! Kira gushed afterwards. Having competed for 7 years straight, I needed a break! And I came back with a passion and fire to be my best and enjoy and love the process of prepping. People ask what was different in this prep and I say well for one I did it on my own, coached myself and secondly, I absolutely loved the process. It wasn't easy prepping from January to September but it was worth it! There were times I wanted to throw in the towel and give up and then the self doubt set in but I knew that I couldn't take this chance for granted. And it was my dream to stand on the Olympia stage! I really never thought it would happen...

imagebam.com imagebam.com
imagebam.com imagebam.com

I think it's fair to say it was worth the wait!

Feel the joy with the Physique Olympians all week on FMS...

No comments:

Post a Comment