Sunday 15 January 2017

Marja of the Day

Marja's Best?

So, I decided to finish this week with "my favourite" shot of Marja. She's "one of the most photographed FBBs ever", but many of those pictures are very similar to each other. Actually I've already chosen this shot as a kind of "epitome of Marja" once, for the Fantasy Contest post back in 2012, and I haven't found a better one yet.

It is perhaps a shame that there's only upper body in the frame, but, as upper bodies go, Marja's is (by common consent if you're not an IFBB judge) one of the greatest. Those arms, the peaks grab the eye first, but soon the unreal thickness of her triceps draws your attention. Is this faked? A morph? Marja's are just the kind of monster muscles that make you wonder if some alterations have been made to the original.

"She can't be that big!"

But she was. And this - though I'm not exactly sure of the date - is pre-implant, pre-professional Marja, possibly at the 1999 Worlds or 2000 Europeans.

She got bigger!

And that's part of the reason why I like this pic so much, I suppose. Here she is on the cusp of joining the elite of her sport, and looking like she belongs up there with them.

And I reckon that glimmer in her eyes and the smile (smirk?) on her face tells you that she not only looks like she's an elite female bodybuilder - she feels like one too.

imagebam.com

What's your favourite pic of Marja?

Send it (or a link) to 6ft1swell@gmail.com with a short explanation why if possible.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment